Please note: This guide is for content providers only. If you deliver your content via a distributor, please reach out to them for help or check out our FAQ here.
I’m a music provider
Tip: If any terms in here are unfamiliar, refer to the Spotify Service Level Guidelines.
There are some things to check in Spotify’s Catalog Manager. If you don’t have access, you can see how to request access here.
If you don’t see the update in the Catalog Manager:
- Check the XML is valid.
- Make sure the track structure hasn’t been altered.
Note: You can’t change the track structure after the content’s been ingested into our system. If you want to change the structure, you need to redeliver under a new primary ID (e.g. UPC, EAN, etc.)
- Make sure the correct Primary ID is being used.
- All track and audio info needs to be properly referenced in the update.
- For audio updates: Make sure the audio’s up to spec, and make sure the audio’s included in the update
- For image updates: It may be a transcoding issue. Make sure the art’s up to spec, then redeliver with full assets, including new source files.
Once the info shows correctly in the Catalog Manager, your update should take effect within 2 business days. If it doesn’t, reach out to the Spotify Content Operations Ingestion team.